The Gordon R. Irlam Charitable Foundation
Report on Activities 2006
We are primarily engaged in work related to global public health. We
focus on advocacy for global public health, and scientific and
economic aspects of the development of drugs and vaccines for
In addition to working on these issues directly, the foundation has
worked in conjunction with, and advanced funds to help support, a
number of other organizations also working in these areas.
Specific direct activities of the foundation have included:
- Collaborating with Consumer Project on Technology to evaluate and
deploy content management system software and to evaluate software for
online open access journal publication.
- Studying malarial genetics at Case Western Reserve University.
(Strictly, this is not a foundation activity, but it does dovetail
nicely with the foundation's goal of working on the scientific and
technical aspects of infectious diseases).
- Attending a conference on Global Health organized by the Global
Health Council, attending the RESULTS Educational Fund annual
conference, and attending the Global Problems Global Solutions
- Collaborating with Consumer Project on Technology on the
economics of healthcare research and development.
- Development of a website intended to enhance participatory
The foundation has close active working relationships with:
- Consumer Project on Technology
Groups to which the foundation has provided significant funding
($1,000 and up):
- RESULTS Educational Fund - $10,000
- Consumer Project on Technology (c/o Essential Information) - $5,000
- ActionAid USA - $1,000
- Center for Policy Analysis - $1,000
- HealthGAP Coalition (c/o Mobilization Against AIDS) - $1,000
- Institute for One World Health - $1,000
Groups to which the foundation has provided more limited funding ($100
- African Immigrants Social and Cultural Services - $500
- Survivors International - $500
- Grantmakers Without Borders (c/o Tides) - $250
- Global Health Council - $180
Other groups with which the foundation has met, is a member of,
subscribes to publications from, or maintains some other level of